Thursday, January 6, 2011

New projects

I have an uexpected day off so I thought I would post a couple of photos from my little journals I am working on. The first a vintage Spanish book repurposed into a small pocket size journal - it measures 4.75 inches by 6/75 inches. A thin little treasure called "Taboada's Cuentos Alegres". Perfect for carrying in your purse to jot down all your journaling observations. I linded the inside covers with pretty paper to match the really long ribbon that wraps around and around to close it. I love how it turned out :-) The original owner has written his name on the front cover - C. D. Samson - gives it that extra special patina that an old book deserves.


The second one is an old children's book from the 1950's. It's a lovely size - 6 inches by 8 inches - perfect for journaling or art journaling. It has a really nice color graphic on the cover. This one has 3 signatures or 96 pages - Strathmore drawing paper. Will make a wonderful sketchbook or just a plain old journal for writing. I really like the way this one turned out too!!
All for today - off to put some new things in the store :-)
See you later my lovelies,
kso
xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. So thrilled to see your blog adventure. Great journals. So love the wrap around tie ribbon. There is something comforting to wrapping the journal after creating and exciting anticipation when unwrapping. Thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete